Dr. Lingfang Zeng, Associate Professor
Wuhan National Lab for Optoelectronics (WNLO), China
School of Computer, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Address: F302, WNLO, 1037 Luoyu Road, Wuhan, China, 430074
Tel: +86 - 27- 87792450
Fax: +86 - 27- 87792225
Lingfang Zeng was awarded the PhD degree in Computer Architecture from the Huazhong University of Science and Technology in China. The supervisor is Prof. Dan Feng. He was Research Fellow for 4 years in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore, during 2007~2008 and 2010~2013, advised by Dr. Bharadwaj Veeravalli. He publishes more than 40 papers in major journals and conferences, including ACM Transactions on Storage, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Multimedia tools and applications, FAST, SC, MSST and CLUSTER, CCGrid and serves for multiple international journals and conferences. He is a member of IEEE and CCF.
2009 - Now: Associate Professor,
Wuhan National Lab for Optoelectronics
2009 - Now: Associate Professor,
School of Computer, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2010 - 2013: Research Fellow, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore
2007 - 2008: Research Fellow, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore
2006 - 2009: Lecturer, School of Computer, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
1995 - 1998: Network Manager, Xiantao Municipal Office, State Administration of Taxation
Research interests mainly include (1) Large-scale storage system, (2) Data Center Technology, (3) Storage security & service, and (4) Ubiquitous Location-Aware Computing.
Publications (Most Recent)
1. Dan Feng and Lingfang Zeng, Patent data analysis of information storage technology (Chinese), Publisher: Intellectual Property Publishing House Co., Ltd.; ISBN 978-7-5130-3806-5, 2015.(冯丹,曾令仿.信息存储技术专利数据分析.知识产权出版社.2015.)
1. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, and Yang Wang, Cloud Data Management, Encyclopedia of Cloud Computing, edited by by San Murugesan and Irena Bojanova, Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition, ISBN: 978-1-118-82197-8, February 29, 2016.
2. Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Lingfang Zeng, and Xiaorong Li, On the Design of a Budget Conscious Adaptive Scheduler for Handling Large-Scale Many-task Workflow Applications in Clouds, Large Scale Network-centric Computing Systems, edited by Albert Y. Zomaya and Hamid Sarbazi-Azad, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2013.
1. Lingfang Zeng, Yang Wang, Dan Feng, and Kenneth B. Kent, XCollOpts: A Novel Improvement of Network Virtualization in Xen for I/O-Latency Sensitive Applications on Multicores, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, Vol 12, Issue 2, pp.163-175, 2015.
2. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Albert Y. Zomaya, An Integrated Task Computation and Data Management Scheduling Strategy for Workflow Applications in Cloud Environments, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol.50, Issue 4, pp.39-48, April 2015.
3. Lingfang Zeng, Chao Jin, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Dan Feng, HR6TAP: A Hybrid RAID6 Storage Architecture Tracking Data to Any Point-in-time for Enterprise Applications, Journal of Information Science and Engineering, Vol.31, Issue 2, pp. 547-572, 2015.
4. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Xiaorong Li, SABA: A Security-Aware and Budget-Aware Work flow Scheduling Strategy in Clouds, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol.75, Issue 1, pp.141-151, January 2015.
5. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Qingsong Wei, Space4time: Optimization Latency-Sensitive Content Service in Cloud, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol. 41, Issue 5, pp.358-368, May 2014.
6. Lingfang Zeng, Yang Wang, Optimization on Content Service with Local Search in Cloud of Clouds, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol.40, Issue 4, pp.206-215, April 2014.
7. Lingfang Zeng, Shibin Chen, Qingsong Wei,Dan Feng, SeDas: A Self-destructing Data System based on Active Storage Framework, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 49, No. 6, pp.2548-2554, June 2013.
8. Qingsong Wei, Lingfang Zeng, Jianxi Chen, and Cheng Chen, A Popularity-Aware Buffer Management to Improve Buffer Hit Ratio and Write Sequentiality for Solid State Drive, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 49, Issue 6, pp.2786-2793, June 2013.
9. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Qingsong Wei, and Dan Feng, SeWDReSS: On the Design of an Application Independent, Secure, Wide-area Disaster Recovery Storage System, Multimedia tools and applications. Vol. 58, Issue 3, pp.543-568, 2012.
10. Bo Mao, Hong Jiang, Lei Tian, Suzhen Wu, Dan Feng, Jianxi Chen, and Lingfang Zeng, HPDA: A Hybrid Parity-based Disk Array for Enhanced Performance and Reliability, ACM Transactions on Storage, Vol. 8, Issue 1, February 2011.
11. Lanxiang Chen, Dan Feng, Yu Zhang, Lingfang Zeng, and Zhongying Niu, Integrating FPGA/ASIC into cryptographic storage systems to avoid re-encryption, International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems, pp.105-122, Vol. 25, Issue 2, 2010.
1. Lingfang Zeng, Binbing Hou, Dan Feng, Kenneth B. Kent, SJM: an SCM-based Journaling Mechanism with Write Reduction for File Systems, Proc. of the 2015 International Workshop on Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Systems (DISCS, held in conjunction with SC15: The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis), Austin TX, USA, 2015. (Accepted)
2. Yawar Bangash, Lingfang Zeng, Dan Feng, MimiBS: Mimicking Base-Station to Provide Location Privacy Protection in Wireless Sensor Networks, Proc. of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture and Storage (NAS), pp.158-166, 2015.
3. Lingfang Zeng, Yang Wang, Dan Feng, CloudSky: A Controllable Data Self-Destruction System for Untrusted Cloud Storage Networks, 15th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid), pp.352-361, 2015.
4. Lingfang Zeng, Yang Wang, Wei Shi, Dan Feng, An Improved Xen Credit Scheduler for I/O Latency-Sensitive Applications on Multicores, in Proc. of the International Conference on Cloud Computing and Big Data (CloudCom-Asia), December 16-19, 2013.
5. Yang Wang, Wei Shi and Lingfang Zeng, Adaptive Search-based Service Migration with Virtual Moves in Clouds for Mobile Accesses, in Proc. of 6th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC), Dresden, Germany, December 9-12, 2013.
6. Lingfang Zeng, Dan Feng, Bo Mao, Jianxi Chen, Qingsong Wei, Wenguo Liu, HerpRap: A Hybrid Array Architecture Providing Any Point-in-time Data Tracking for Datacenter, in Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (CLUSTER), pp.311-319, 2012.
7. Lingfang Zeng, Dan Feng, Jianxi Chen, Qingsong Wei, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Wenguo Liu, HRAID6ML: A Hybrid RAID6 Storage Architecture with Mirrored Logging, in Proc. of the 28th IEEE Conference on Massive Data Storage (MSST), April 16-20, Pacific Grove, CA, 2012.
8. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Xiaorong Li, ScaleStar: Budget Conscious Scheduling Precedence-Constrained Many-task Workflow Applications in Cloud, in Proc. of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA), pp.534-541, Fukuoka, Japan, March 26-29, 2012.
9. Lingfang Zeng, Zhan Shi, Shengjie Xu, Dan Feng, SafeVanish: An Improved Data Self-Destruction for Protecting Data Privacy, in Proc. of the IEEE Second International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom), pp.521-528, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, Nov. 30 2010-Dec. 3, 2010.
1. Method for garbage collection of solid-state disk based on data lifetime, CN201510669659.0
2. Performance improvement method based on collaboration for SSD storage system, CN201510355787.8
3. A Shared Storage for Virtual Clusters, CN201410274162.4
4. Secure data deletion system and method without the support of trusted third party, ZL201310571425.3
5. A safe and effective method to build a solid-state disk, 201310408367.2
6. A performance acceleration and reliability improvement method for mixed RAID6, ZL201210087523.5
7. A scheduling control method for Xen virtual machine in multi-core environments, ZL201110172852.5
8. Dynamic Failure Detector in the Dual-Controller RAID Storage System, ZL200910060553.5
9. Method of the RAID Reconstruction, ZL200810236904.9
10. A New Algorithm for the RAID Reconstruction, ZL200810047977.3
11. A data disaster recovery system in WAN environment, 200810047680.7
12. A method for improving write response time of write-on-copy snapshot, ZL200710053650.2
13. A method suit to data reconstruction for RAID, ZL200610124981.6
14. a large-capacity virtual disk storage systems, ZL200610018831.7
15. An extensible object-based storage system and its control method, ZL200510019166.9
Awards and Honors
1. "Active object-based massive storage system and technology", The First-class Technological Invention Award, Hubei Province, China, 2011
2. Advisor Award for Excellent Undergraduate Thesis in Hubei Province, 2010
3. IEEE/ACM SuperComputing: HPC Storage Challenge, Finalist Award,2006
4. Excellent Graduate Student Award, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2004
5. China Petroleum Scholarship, 2002
IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC)
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS)
IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC)
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC)
IEEE Systems Journal
Computers & Electrical Engineering
Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks
International Journal of Grid and High Performance Computing
Journal of University of Chinese Academy Sciences
Journal of Computer Research and Development
Chinese Journal of Computers
Journal of Southeast University
Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology
KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems
Data Center Technology - Graduate Level Course (Fall, Course code: 210.566)
Computer Communications and Networks - Undergraduate Level
Computer Networks - Undergraduate Level
Principles of Computer Organization - Undergraduate Level
Network Engineering and Design - Undergraduate Level
Internet Server Management - BTEC/HND Course, 2009
Networking Concepts - BTEC/HND Course, 2009
1. PhD Program
Mr. Wenguo Liu [Work in Progress since September 2011]; Supervisor(s): Prof. Dan Feng + Co-Supervisor: Dr. Lingfang Zeng, PhD Topic: Research on Shingled Write Disk Technology, Email: liuwenguo1985(at)gmail.com
Mr. Yawar Abbas Bangash [Work in Progress since April 2015]; Supervisor(s): Prof. Dan Feng + Co-Supervisor: Dr. Lingfang Zeng, PhD Topic: Security for Software-Defined Data Communications and Storage, Email: yawar.parachinar2003(at) gmail.com
2. Master Program
2015 Mr. Shijun Deng, Mr. Dechuan Xu
2014 Ms. Shengxia Tu, Mr. Telong Zheng, Mr. Tao Guo
2013 Ms. Xiaowei Cheng, Ms. Yuqi Zou, Mr. Zhiming Chen
2012 Mr. Ziliang Xiao, Mr. Zehao Zhang, Mr. Yifan Yang
2011 Ms. Shutian Liao, Mr. Yongxing Dang, Mr. Binbing Hou
2010 Mr. Yunyun Chen, Mr. Jiaxiang Li, Ms. Rong Liu, Ms. Xuan Zhou
2009 Mr. Canqun Zhang, Mr. Shibin Chen, Mr. Jixin Wang, Mr. Debing Ding
2008 Mr. Yuchang Ke, Mr. Tao Zeng, Mr. Shengli Zheng, Mr. Li Yi
2007 Mr. Gao Liu, Mr. Rui Wang
3. Undergraduate Program
2015 Ms. Minghe Li, Mr. Zhe Kong, Mr. Zichao Chen, Mr. Guixin Liu
2014 Ms. Shuangmei Yu, Mr. Teng Ma, Mr. Liangliang Pang, Mr. Pengfei Liang
Mr. Long Jiang
2013 Mr. Wei Liang, Mr. Xiuqun Hou, Ms. Jiajia Xue, Mr. Lanrui Mao, Mr. Rui Wang, Mr. Dailiang Zhou (Bachelor's degress with a double major)
2013 Ms. Xiaowei Cheng, Ms. Xiaohui Yuan, Mr. Guangzeng Fu
2012 Mr. Gan Tang, Mr. Tao Yu, Mr. Renci Mima
2012/2013, Mr. Tan Wee Kiat (U090221H), Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore, Co-supervised with Prof. Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Thesis: A Monetary, Energy and Reliability-Aware Data Layout Strategy in Cloud Environments, Email: u0900221(at)nus.edu.sg
2011/2012, Ms. Cui Xiang (U084315J), Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore, Co-supervised with Prof. Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Thesis: Reliability-aware Scheduling Strategy for Data Analytics Workflow Application in Cloud, Email: u084315 (at)nus.edu.sg
2009 Mr. Shengjie Xu, Ms. Changri You, Ms. Yueyi Song
2007 Ms. Hongju Wang, Mr. Jian Wang, Mr. Bicheng Gui, Mr. Wei Wu
2006 Mr. Nan Liu, Mr. Dongxu Wang (Bachelor's degress with a double major)